Saturday, July 16, 2016

Gourds, Cherokees and Hummers

What I thought to be a volunteer cantaloupe plant turns out to be (best guess) dipper gourd or butternut squash. The cantaloupe was planted in this spot last year. Whereas, the gourd and butternut was planted elsewhere in the yard. Birds or squirrels helped me out a bit, I reckon.


  
Butternut squash or dipper gourd. Time will tell. Has quite a few on it and I've already had to start cutting it back else it take over the garden. 

Cherokee Purple. Do I hope these make it. Looking extremely well. 

The first hummer picture of the 2016 season. He's quick but, I finally caught him. Not the greatest pic I've taken but, will do for now. 


1 comment:

  1. Good enough for a humming bird. Everything looks great, Mike.
    Be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I like comments. Let me hear what you have to say.